Women Movement MORFS into Modern Femme Festival Featuring Speakers Ranging from a Femme Farm Owner to Metro Business Builders
View article on website »
There’s a Movement afoot motivating women to travel far and wide sharing their success stories. It’s called The Modern Femme Movement (www.ModernFemme.com) started by two like-minded women, Katy Blevins & Somer Chambley.
They’ve created a widespread community of female entrepreneurs, working women, small business owners and professional leaders from all walks of life. They’re coming together to share what it takes to not only stand out, but show how women can be whatever they want to be and have a ball doing it.
Attendees will have the opportunity to listen to women whose backgrounds hit a diversity of areas from active military wives and mothers, from veterans to women whose different lifestyles and living situations range from being a stepmother and an actress to milking goats on a farm. All these life trades are attracting brilliant and inspiring women, and this event allows them to share their unique and inspiring stories.
“Once we started to discuss the possibilities of creating a community for working women, we quickly realized that it would become a movement,” stated Katy Blevins and Somer Chambley, the founders of Modern Femme Movement. “We are launching in Virginia, but have already explored other locations for future events and encourage women worldwide to reach out with their submittals and input,” they added.
“As President of Florida’s largest independent PR Firm, I’m very excited to share Modern Femme Movement and the founder’s backgrounds with the media,” stated Adrienne Mazzone. “Women support women, and more and more we are uniting in greater success,” Mazzone added.
The Modern Femme Movement inaugural 3 day convention will be held May 12-14, 2016 at the beautiful Westin Town Center, Virginia Beach. A full venue of fun excursions, lunches, shopping and collective discussions that bring working women together, vendor tables selling merchandise such as Serenity Acres Farms Goats Milk Soaps and InMotion Hosting that compliment speakers and their accomplishments.
“We’re not only having women share their insight and experiences, we’re creating relationships and empowerment for many women in this forever changing and challenging world,” said Katy Blevins.
“We encourage women to invest time for this convention and share our vision of widespread community for female entrepreneurs, working women, small business owners and professional leaders from all walks of life coming together to make a case for a balanced life that excels professionally and also thrives personally.” Chambley added.
Many women do a complete 360 in their lives and accomplish so much more than they anticipate. Julia Shewchuk, owner of Serenity Acres Farms, is a great example. She started out with one goat. She grew one goat at a time and created a collection of innovative Fresh Goat Milk Soaps that is selling in stores such as Ritzman Pharmacy, New Leaf Market Co-op, Appalachian Whole Foods Market to name a few. Shewchuk’s list of stores is growing as did her livestock and dream of being one of the few Woman Owned Farms in Florida. Julia is a great inspiration to other women who want to follow their passions and dreams.
Topics vary and reflect the speaker’s expertise, and all topics redefine success. Top keynote speakers include:
- Jaime Primak-Sullivan, CEO Bridge & Tunnel Entertainment, Editor Southern Grit and Bravo TV Reality Star
- Shavon Lindley, CEO Women Evolution
- Christine M. Bacon, Ph.D. and Radio Host, Breakfast with Bacon: The Relationship Doctor
- Cheryl Tan, CEO Cheryl Tan Media, Former TV News Anchor, Host of The Hampton Roads Business Weekly
- Jennifer La Londe, Owner and Creator, The Bridal Dish™
- LeZandra Persinger, Owner and Boudoir Photographer, LeZandra Photography
- Julia Shewchuk, Entrepreneur and Owner of SerenityGoats.com
- Kema Geroux, Co-Owner of The Adventure Park at the Virginia Aquarium
- Deborah LeeAnn Morley, Owner, Deborah LeeAnn: Illuminate, Ignite, Inspire
- Danijel Velicki, Founder and Senior Partner, The Opus Group of VA, Author and Entrepreneur, DV.com
- Tim Hussey, Owner and Lead Developer, Pixifi Software
- Stephanie Nissen, Social Media and Marketing Expert, Founder and CEO, Nissen Media
- Stephanie Nickolich, “The Millionista Mentor,” Founder and CEO, Success Society
- Jen Moff, Certified Relationship Specialist, Co-Founder of the #BeMindFULL Movement
- Abbey Kyhl, Photographer and Business Mentor, Founder of Learn Elite
- Amy Latta, Health and Wellness Coach, Brave, Silly Worthy
- Gale Paige, “Queen of Networking” and CEO of Complete Professional Connections
- Crystal Cameron, Former Broadcast Journalist & Political Consultant, Sommelier and CEO of The Crystal Palate
- Dana Haddon, Etsy Expert and Coastal Crafter at CereusArt, Founder of PromoMyShop
- KayCarey, Owner, Horizons Consulting Services
- Brittany Bullen, CEO and Head Nerd, NerdyGirl.co
For more information, please visit www.ModernFemme.com and be sure to get in on the social media with all the speakers and use #mfm2016.